Six Sigma Green Belt Training Course
A practical and interactive Six Sigma Green Belt training course split over two separate 4 day weeks (one month gap between each week) for staff at all levels from companies within any industry sector.
What will you learn?
At the conclusion of the Six Sigma Green Belt training course each delegate will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts behind Six Sigma
- Develop and articulate the business case for Six Sigma projects through the use of Project Charters
- Plan, manage & lead Six Sigma DMAIC projects
- Define the “As-Is” current state through Process Mapping and SIPOC analysis
- Utilise a “toolbox” of statistical analysis tools to determine current baseline performance and the “Delta” or gap between current performance and required business objectives
- Use data analysis to clearly identify problems / issues that require the highest focus
- Determine the potential root causes of process issues
- Validate and confirm root causes through data review techniques
- Develop solutions to eliminate root causes, linked to the Critical Customer Requirements (CTQs)
- Develop and document “To Be” process maps, standards, work instructions and communication plans
- Effectively close out projects and complete transition of solutions to process owners through Control Planning and KPI measurement.
- Sustain and monitor improvements through effective financial benefits reporting
The Six Sigma DMAIC course covers the following key topics in each of the 5 DMAIC phases, over two separate weeks (4 days per week):
- Project selection & launching projects – project “Kick-Off”
- “As-Is” Process Mapping, SIPOC analysis
- Turning Voice of the Customer to Critical Customer Requirements (CCR’s)
- Stakeholder Analysis & Communication
- Business Risk assessment and management
- Managing change
- Measurement Planning & data collection
- Basic data presentation tools including Pareto analysis, Bar charts and histograms, SPC charts and capability analysis, Box plots, Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Scatter plots and correlation
- Measurement System Analysis (Gage R & R)
- Identifying the issues – developing Problem Statements
- Root cause analysis – Ishikawa (Cause & Effect) and 5 Why’s
- Root cause validation including Cause & Effect Matrix, regression analysis, hypothesis testing
- Generating improvement solutions – solution generation techniques
- Evaluating and selecting solutions including Pugh Matrix
- Lean tools including 5S, mistake proofing, Kaizen, the 7 Wastes – TIMWOOD
- Process control planning
- Standards & procedures
- Project hand-over
- Benefits reporting
The Six Sigma Green Belt training course is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates. Course costs cover the training session, a comprehensive set of course notes, lunch, refreshments, an attendance certificate and an Aster Training Green Belt.
This is a non-residential training course. The course can be delivered in house if required. For further information contact Aster Training on 01296 720281 for a free consultation to discuss your training requirements.