Sales Skills Training Course
An intensive four days sales skills training course designed for sales professionals who want to increase market share, improve conversion rates and increase customer retention.
Prospect & Lead Generation
- What can we learn from existing customers?
- Market Segmentation
- Market Research
- Planning and Business Positioning
- Increasing Brand Awareness
- Making the Internet work for you e.g. Web Statistics, Search Engine Optimisation
- How to write ‘call to action’ sales pitches?
- Making winning sales presentations
- How to measure customer satisfaction?
- Learning from Competitors
- Implementation of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Developing Sales Leads & Prospects
- How to prepare for a sales call
- How to manage questions, objections and difficult people
- Researching your Prospects
- How to make a cold call – increase the ratio of leads from calls
- What is the ‘best’ telephone manner?
- How to get an appointment – tips, tactics, getting past the gatekeeper etc
- Do you leave a message or voice–mail, Yes or No?
- When is the right time to call?
- Active Listening
- Knowing when to move on
- Recording data efficiently – what, how much etc
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s
Converting Leads into Orders
- Understanding your products or services – their benefits and features
- Understanding your client’s immediate requirements
- Telesales Skills – It’s not always what you say but how you say it
- How to empathise but still get your message across
- Developing rapport
- How to close a call on a positive note
- Active listening – using your eyes as well as your ears
- Identifying Up-Selling and Cross-Selling Opportunities
- When and how to apologise and when to acknowledge a grievance
- Turning Negative situations into ones with Positive outcomes
- Creating Customer Loyalty
Closing the Deal
- Introduction to Negotiation – The four stages of a negotiation
- Negotiation Strategy (Integrative or Distributive)
- Negotiation Tactics
- Getting into the ‘head of the buyer’
- A buyers procurement strategy – how it affects negotiation strategy
- The competitive tendering process – How it works
- How to recognise ‘buying’ signals
- How to recognise a deal is close
- How to close
The course focuses on the practical aspects of selling via a series of interactive tasks and role plays. At the end of the training course each delegate should be able to prepare a structured sales plan based on the needs of their own business.
Courses are limited to a maximum of twelve delegates. Cost: £1,180 plus vat per delegate. Course costs cover the training session, a comprehensive set of course notes, lunch and refreshments.
This is a non-residential training course. This course can be delivered in-house if required. For further information contact Aster Training on 01296 720281 for a Free Consultation to discuss your training requirements.